Acne, pimples, white heads, black heads – a result of diet, stress and hormones. This pesky skin condition and acne scarring are treatable at Urban Body Laser.
Options for acne treatments here at Urban Body Laser:
Consultation with skin assessment (complimentary, sessions are approximately 45 mins to 1 hour)
For new clients – an Acne Specialist will take the following steps:
- Conduct a visual and palpation skin analysis and determine your acne type and grade
- Go over aggravating factors that make you break out — foods, medications, cosmetics, etc.
- Teach you how to check your skincare products for pore-clogging ingredients
- Educate you about the formation of acne and how our system works to target problem areas and get results
If you decide to work with us, we will take the following additional steps:
- Determine your skin tolerance for our professional-strength products and perform an allergy test
- Develop an individualized homecare regimen specifically designed for your skin type and acne needs for the first 2 weeks
Acne Consultation with Treatment (sessions are approximately 2 hours)
For new clients. At this appointment you will have the following:
- In-depth Acne Consultation (see above)
- A customized Acne Treatment
PLEASE BE AWARE: If you have been on any prescription topical product (i.e. Differin, Retin-A, Clindamycin, Epiduo, etc.) you MUST discontinue use for 2 weeks prior to your appointment, or book the consultation only.
Our Acne Program
Acne is a complex disease. This is why we utilize a multi-aspect approach with the Acne Program at our clinic. With our Program we don’t just address current breakouts; we focus on acne prevention and on guiding our clients up to the point where their skin stays clear forever. With your commitment to our Program, we will take control of your acne in as little as 10-16 weeks.
Our Acne Program will do the following:
- Target current breakouts
- Prevent future breakouts
- Improve pigmentation
We will take the following steps:
- Develop a customized skincare regimen at the initial consultation
- Detect acne triggers in everyday life that exacerbate acne, such as food, skincare, makeup, and birth control
- Adjust your skincare regimen and perform customized treatments every 2-3 weeks
- Guide you through the whole process of getting clear. You will contact your Acne Specialist directly!
- Educate you about how to keep your skin clear
We will need your commitment to:
- Skincare regimen recommended by your Acne Specialist
- 3-4 Acne Treatments for mild acne or 6 -8 Acne Treatments for more severe acne
- Following all recommendations you receive at your Acne Consultation
- We use the Sciton BBL Blue Light (420nm) to treat inflammatory acne. Our guests come in for 20-30 minute treatments a few times over the course of a few weeks and receive the Blue Light treatment that painlessly destroys the bacteria that causes acne. The skin heals quickly and this process can be used on almost any skin type and level of acne from mild to severe. The treatment is virtually painless (most guests indicate their skin feels warm and tingly).
- We use Fontona’s Nd:YAG laser light to target overactive sebaceous glands in order to reduce the risk of developing new acne inflammation. This treatment also speeds up healing and promotes collagen remodeling.
- Hydrafacial Acne Treatment can be used for blocked pores, black heads or acne. This is a six-step treatment to clean out pores and calm inflammation. Bonus: it can also be used for large pores, oily, rough or dull skin, wrinkles, fine lines or skin discoloration.
- Our Hydrafacial MD HydraFacial deep pore treatment can be combined with blue LED light therapy that can help with acne. If you’re suffering with , there are a number of treatments that might help. HydraFacial is safe for all skin types and can address a wide variety of cosmetic concerns, including acne, acne scars, discoloration, large pores, oily complexion, rough skin, dull skin, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Acne Scar Removal
- For acne and other scars, we use Fotona’s Er:YAG laser to gently vaporize the acne-scarred surface to show off the healthy, undamaged skin underneath. We also use the Fraxel, treating fractions of the skin at the same time by using laser skin resurfacing.
- We use dermabrasion, microdermabrasion and microneedling to get rid of acne scars. These treatments can be used for other purposes too, such as removing traumatic scars, rhinophyma (nose enlargement in rosacea), wrinkles, and tattoo removal.
Sometimes dark spots, red spots or purple spots can be left behind after the acne has cleared; we have suggestions for treating these as well.
Microdermabrasion for Acne
Acne is a common skin issue that impacts the lives of many Canadians. However, in this day and age, it can be effectively treated with a wide range of procedures.
For those who are experiencing acne outbreaks or even some light acne scarring, one technique that can be employed is microdermabrasion. (link to micro article on home page) This technique helps improve skin imperfections by removing the upper layer of dead and damaged skin cells. This in turn will reveal fresher, healthier-looking skin in the individual. In addition to this, Microdermabrasion can help promote the production of new skin cells, which in turn will have a higher level of collagen, which can help improve the look of mild acne scars.
Microdermabrasion is great for those with an active acne condition since it exfoliates the skin and helps clear clogged pores of oil and dirt. It should be noted that this procedure is not always recommended in every acne case. In some situations, microdermabrasion can aggravate the condition, however your Technician will be able to provide you with advice as to whether microdermabrasion is right for your acne treatment plans. To help remove deep congestion you may add a steam and an extraction to increase the intensity and effectiveness of the treatment.
In addition to this, for individuals who have deeper acne scarring such as boxcar scars and ice pick scars then microdermabrasion is not likely the best solution. This would be Microneedling.
Because the microdermabrasion treatment is quite mild, we recommend four to six sessions, spread out across two to four weeks. This course of treatments will likely give you the best results and you should expect your skin to have a much more vibrant and rejuvenated appearance. Typically, most healthy individuals are ideal candidates for microdermabrasion but ultimately when you have an initial consultation you will be advised whether the treatment is suitable in your own individual case.
For those who are looking for a non-invasive treatment for acne, Urban Body Laser (link to homepage) may be the solution for you. Contact us online today or call our clinic based in downtown Vancouver at 604-696-5506 to learn more.