Acne is one of the most common skincare problems among teenagers and adults alike. And unfortunately if not treated properly it can persist after our teen years and long into our 20s, 30s and beyond. Quality medical grade skincare used at home is crucial to those looking to alleviate the pain and appearance of acne. However in addition to good at home skincare including the use of gentle chemical peels there are also non-invasive treatments that can help improve the look of acne that can be done in office. The most effective treatment plans use a combination of both at home care and in office treatments.
At Home Care
At Urban Body Laser we offer a line of products specifically made to help combat acne. Our R3Derma Health line Acne Kit contains the following products:
1) Sea Mineral Cleanse: an intensive, algae-based treatment that deep cleans and revitalizes dull looking skin. Congested pores, excess oil and impurities are refined smoothing skin’s appearance and texture. Nourishing Seaweed and aromatic peppermint leaves skin feeling cool, clean and refreshed!
- Contains Laminaria digitata, known for it’s exceptional healing and renewal properties in addition to helping speed elimination of toxins from cells, it balances and remineralizes skin.
2) Pure Spritzer: Sulphur & Salicylic Lotion in a powerful astringent spritzer that combats the accumulation of keratinized cells that can clog pores causing comedones (the bumps commonly found in acne). Mildly exfoliating Salicylic acid, astringent witch hazel and pore penetrating azelaic Acid target congestion. Water soluble biosulphur regulates hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands offering anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Azelaic Acid. BioSulphur – Offers three benefits to breakout prone skin: antibacterial, anti- inflammatory and sebum regulating.
- Witch Hazel – Naturally antibacterial.
- Salicylic Acid – Is a ‘keratolytic’ as it breaks down and exfoliates dead skin cells.
A purifying treatment serum which contains exfoliating Lactic Acid, clarifying salicylic acid, balancing azelaic acid and skin fortifying vitamin B3. It contains sebum regulating sulfur and tomato fruit extracts to aid in the establishment of normal healthy skin, addressing pore congestion and eruptive outbreaks. Astringent organic denatured lemon alcohol creates an anti-septic environmental which quickly neutralizes topical oil for a more balanced appearance.
Tomato Extract – helps balance the pH of the skin and regulate sebum. Tomato contains Lycopene, a powerful anti-oxidant that helps prevent collagen deterioration.
- Niacinamide – Vitamin B3 offers a number of benefits for aged and photodamaged skin and improved skin moisturization.
- Sulfur – anti-bacterial, anti- inflammatory and sebum regulating.
- Lactic Acid, Ferulic Acid & Salicylic Acid
4) Matte Moisture
A unique gel based daily protection cream that is rich in botanical extracts and nourishing Vitamins A, C and E. Ideally suited to those with oily or combination skin. This product restores hydration while encouraging normal sebum production. Purifying therapeutic Tea Tree and Lavender combat the bacteria that contributes to blemishes. Your skin will feel moist and smooth with a clear matte finish.
5) Flower Acid Peel- The flower peel is a gently and effective option for those with skin too sensitive for an in office chemical peel. Revitalize, clarify and protect epidermal stem cell activity with the remarkable Peptide Matrix Flower Acid Peel. This proprietary blend of hibiscus derived flower acid and vigna aconitifolia seed extract enhance cell renewal while improving hydration in the upper layers of epidermis. Flower Acids unlike a chemical peel are rich in Pyruvic Acid which stimulates collagen and mucopolysaccharides synthesis to soften the look of fine lines. Micro Alga Cyanidium Calarium supports advanced cellular rejuvenation, enhanced skin elasticity and epidermal integrity.
- Flower Acids – A blend of organic and pyruvic acids that are non-irritating to the skin.
- Vit-A-Like – Is a plant extract with the same functionality and efficacy as retinol.
- Tego Cistus – DNA protection, strong anti- oxidative efficacy, anti-inflammatory effects.
- Tego Stemlastin – Stimulates epidermal
- stem cells and dermal
- Acti-White – Inhibits
- tyrosinase activity.
Chemical Peels Versus at Home Peels
Although no single treatment is best for everyone, an in office chemical peel may provide effective treatment for some guests with deep acne scars. Our at home chemical peels will give a similar effect over a longer period of time but are gentle enough for almost all skin types. Our at home chemical peels help to reduce the appearance of acne and acne scars by delivering a deep exfoliation, revealing a fresh layer of skin, they also work to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Microdermabrasion is another in office treatment that can help reduce the appearance of acne scars. It will also reduce the look of fine lines and large pore size. Microdermabrasion works by providing a deep exfoliation to remove dead skin cells while also increasing blood flow to the treated areas to help speed the healing and regeneration of healthy skin cells to smooth skin.
While both microdermabrasion at home skincare and chemical peels work to heal and exfoliate the skin we recommend coming into our medi-spa so that one of our trained medical estheticians can find the best treatment regimen for you.
Tips for skin that congests easily:
- Change pillowcases nightly, as they can harbor bacteria and aggravate breakouts.
- Avoid using dryer fabric softening sheets: they contain machine-grade oil that disperses in the dryer.
- Clean make-up brushes and sponges weekly