Recently we posted an article about the so-called “ugliest woman in the world” on our Facebook page. As one of only three people on earth born with a genetic ailment that prevents her from gaining weight, Lizzie Valesquez discovered a YouTube video that someone had posted, calling her “The World’s Ugliest Woman”. This video had over 4 million views.
What’s truly inspiring about Lizzie is that she chose this incredibly cruel act as a way to grow, inspire others, and be an example of why the greatest love should be the one you have with yourself.
As we’ve just begun a new year, we thought it was the perfect opportunity for all of us to wipe the slate clean of any self-negativity and start celebrating our inner beauty. We know how difficult letting go of insecurities can be, so we’ve come up with a few ways to practice self-love into your daily life.
Tips to Improve Self Love
- Leave post-it notes around your house with inspiring quotes and affirmation. Put them on your bedside table, your bathroom mirror, or the fridge door, so you’re reminded from the minute you wake up to when you go to sleep that you’re a beautiful, intelligent person.
- Exercise regularly and try to fit in at least 30 minutes of activity every day. Whether it’s walking your dog or joining a yoga class, being active releases endorphins that help boost your mood and self-esteem. Plus it’s good for your health!
- Make a list of all the things you are grateful for. These can be anything from your physical features (“I love my long hair”) to people that enhance your life (“I’m grateful for my best friend”). Add one new thing to the list each day, then read it over before you go to bed.
- Grant yourself down time to do the things you always seem ‘too busy’ for. Read a book, watch your favourite movie, or take a walk around the neighbourhood. Give yourself at least half an hour of pure ‘me’ time.
- Give genuine compliments to people, even strangers! You may just make someone’s day by complimenting their outfit or telling someone what a good friend they are. Sending out positive vibes means you will get them in return.
We provide a number of services and products that are meant to enhance your natural beauty, but you will only feel confident in your appearance until you embrace and celebrate all of the amazing qualities you have. Spread the love and share this article with your friends so 2014 can be overflowing with self-love!