Effective Blackhead Removal
What are Blackheads?
Blackheads and blackhead removal are a pesky skincare concern that comprise of minuscule dark coloured (or black) bumps found on the skin surface. They can occur when a hair follicle becomes clogged with dead skin cells, oil and debris. Each pore on your skin contains a hair follicle and an oil gland designed to keep the skin hydrated and healthy. An excess of oil production creates a plug at the top of the pore, when bacteria and dead skin cells collect it can result in either a pimple or blackhead. Blackheads are essentially the same as pimples, but without skin over top they’re exposed to the air, causing the top layer of debris in your pores to oxidize and turn “black.” Blackheads are most commonly found on the face, but they can also be seen on the back, shoulders, and chest.
Skin Rejuvenation Facial
A skin rejuvenation facial with blackhead extraction is an effective method for blackhead removal. Choose a facial that includes a steam and cleanse in order to open up the pores and remove all make-up and dirt from the skin. Incorporating a glycolic acid can also help to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. The key to blackhead removal is the extraction process. During the extraction a medical esthetician uses a special blackhead tool to apply pressure to your skin in order to loosen and release the built up sebum from your pores. After the facial it’s normal to experience a bit of redness from the pressure, but this will quickly dissipate. Once the facial extraction is complete a soothing serum should be applied to calm and nourish sensitive skin.
Microdermabrasion can improve circulation in the treatment area, meaning both blood flow and lymphatic drainage are increased. This aids cell function in many ways. Firstly the increased blood flow will bring more oxygen and nutrients to the cells, increasing the rate of cellular turn-over, and increasing the production of collagen and elastin. An increase in lymphatic drainage means that waste products are more efficiently removed from cells resulting in less build-up of debris which can then lead to breakouts.
By removing the outer layer of dead skin cells with microdermabrasion skincare products can then more easily penetrate the skin allowing active ingredients to be more effective at treating blackheads and pimples.
How to prevent blackheads
- Those prone to breakout should try to keep hair off of their face and back when possible. When oily hair touches the skin it can spread P. acnes bacteria and increase the risk of blackheads. Make sure hair is tied back when working out or in other sweaty conditions.
- Avoid harsh cleansers that strip the face, this leads to an over production of oil and increased risk of breaking out.
- Choose gentle cleanser made with quality ingredients to wash your face twice a day, morning and night.
- Choose high quality make-up that allows the skin to breathe, mineral make-ups are best, or avoid makeup altogether.
- Keep sheets and pillowcases freshly laundered to avoid a build up of dirt, oil and bacteria.
- Choose gentle exfoliate like BHAs and AHAs the remove oil and dead skin cells after cleansing.
- If you’re prone to oily skin pick-up blotting paper to absorb excess oil throughout the day.
Are you in need of blackhead removal, or are you suffering with chronic acne? The skincare specialists at Urban Body Laser have you handled! We have created a skincare like specifically for those suffering from breakouts and acne. We also offer revolutionary skincare treatments in office to help calm, heal and repair acne.
To book your free consultation please call