Let’s Talk About Teen Skin, Shall We? Teenage Boys – we see you!
Let’s face it, as soon as puberty and hormonal skin issues are mentioned, our minds automatically wander over sympathetically to the unfortunate teenage girl. But what about our teenage boys going through all those internal changes that show up in various external ways? His once smooth, supple skin is now covered in painful red blemishes. And unlike girls, boys don’t have the option of a quick “cover up” solution in the form of make-up.
So, what can be done to remedy these skin issues? Well, we all know the saying, “You are what you eat” and as valid as this may be, time and studies have proven that a good skin regimen using quality products and treatments will provide the best results.
Where does it all begin? Often the change in appearance of the skin is often caused by the increased flow to the sebaceous glands during puberty leading to clogged pores, blemishes, and blackheads.
As boys approach puberty, many physical changes throughout their body can be expected: hair growth in various areas of the body, their voices deepening and often a form of acne, which when coupled with facial hair growth can be extremely unpleasant—as if being a teenager wasn’t tough enough—not to mention having all those awkward conversations with your mom!!! But trust us, it’s all a completely normal part of growing up and will not last forever. You are definitely not alone.
Allow us to help. Making use of quality products that are aligned with combating your skin difficulties is key. At our clinic, we have a range of suitable products and treatments and will be here to assist, all the way.
The following is a basic regimen that we recommend:
1. Cleanse with our exfoliating cream cleanser and pat dry with a clean face towel.
2. Tone with our spritzer to help with acne and congestion.
3. Apply our Matte Moisturizer as a daily protection cream, best suited for oily and acne-prone skin.
1. Double wash with our Cleanse (cleanse, rinse, repeat), our exfoliating cleanser, then dry with a clean face towel.
2. Tone once again with our Pure spritzer to help combat acne and congested skin.
3. Pat on our Soothe serum, which effectively alleviates sensitive and inflamed skin.
4. Apply Enrich, our hydrating moisturizer.
* Our recommendations have been selected from our incredible R3 Derma Health skincare range.
We sincerely hope that this article has helped you to understand the importance of knowing and understanding the ways in which we are able to assist you and your teen with their skincare requirements and want you to know that our friendly and qualified staff are always here to give you any recommendation, with utmost passion for skincare.
You are welcome to contact us, live chat or call us at (604) 696-5506. Or, if you would like to take advantage of our Promotional Offers, please visit https://www.urbanbodylaser.com/promotions for more information.