As you get older, your needs start changing. Remember those days when you lived in a dorm and scraped by on minimum wage? Now you’re looking for three bedroom homes and driving a minivan. Our lives change, develop, and require more attention. The same goes for your skin.
No matter how old you are, we’re going to share how you can take care of your skin at every age. No surgery or scalpel required.
Tools, Tips, and Products to Take Care of Your Skin at Every Age
You may think that you only need to worry about your skin as you get older, but taking preventative measures now is the best way to ensure your complexion stays as youthful and smooth as possible.
Skin tends to become a little drier in your twenties, which causes your skin to over produce oils. This could lead to breakouts (thought those days were left in high school??). Also staying hydrated as well as ALWAYS wearing SPF will help prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Clarify Skin Serum to control breakouts and blemishes that still may be popping up from over-production of oil
- Daily use of Sunforgettable SPF 50
- Microdermabrasion to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells and leave a smooth texture
Unfortunately you really start developing fine lines and wrinkles in your thirties. This is because collagen and elastin start to break down, and towards the end of the decade, age spots and brown pigmentation may start to appear.
- Enrich Plus which is formulated to reduce wrinkles while also firming and evening your skin tone
- Anti-Aging Serum: Pep Up Gel from Colorscience will give your skin a jump start, targeting aging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Photorejuvenation to repair and revive your skin from sun damage, acne, redness, or broken capillaries
Since your skin also doesn’t rebound as quickly as it did when you were in your 20s and 30s, you might notice skin sagging. Those under eye circles may also turn into pouches.
- Pep Up Pen from Colorscience, an eye and lip tri-peptide formula that will help increase the appearance of firmness and reduce fine lines and wrinkles while plumping up delicate tissue.
- Glycolic Cherry Peel, a mild exfoliating mask that gives skin a smooth, healthy appearance after each application.
- Skin Tightening to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Because of menopause, there is less estrogen in the skin which means the lines you developed in your 40s transform into skin folds. Your skin is also more much delicate and fragile from age 50 and above.
- Flawless Face Photo Rejuvenation Package, a combination of Microdermabrasion, photo rejuvenation, and skin tightening. This trifecta all work together to reverse the aging process and the results are amazing!
- Enrich Plus is a lightweight moisturizer with maximum hydration designed for mature, dry, and irritated skin
We truly believe that age is only a number; how you feel on the inside is all that matters. However, we also know how important it is to take pride in your appearance. Growing older isn’t something to dread, but rather to look forward to, especially if you have your skincare down pat.
For more advice on how to take care of your aging skin, visit our online store and contact us for a one-on-one consultation with our medical estheticians.